Bethan graduated with honours in 1998 from the University of Bristol (UK).
British born, Bethan migrated to Australia in 2001 when she commenced working in the legal industry. Bethan was admitted as a practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania in January 2006 and the High Court of Australia in June 2009.
She specialises in litigious areas including mortgage recovery, civil and commercial matters, estate litigation, consumer law, administrative appeals and industrial law.
Bethan’s interest is human rights and she is an activist and supporter of local and international human rights campaigns.
Industry Memberships and Appointments
- Appointed as Tasmanian Regional Representation and Board Member of Amnesty International Australia since 2015
- Committee Member of the Tasmanian Women Lawyers Association since 2015
- Member of the Australian Lawyers for Human Rights since 2014
- Appointed as Secretary of the Tasmanian Branch Committee of Amnesty International Australia 2014-2015
- Volunteer solicitor at the Launceston Community Legal Centre since 2014
- Member of the Board of Management of the ‘Time Out’ Project – Assistant Treasurer 2008 – 2010